Change is the new normal in business. Gone are the days of steady-as-she-goes. The business world is changing at breakneck speed and companies find themselves needing to constantly navigate that change and ensure their people and teams are engaged and prepared to work efficiently and effectively together. While it sounds basic, it is often one of the most commonly overlooked discussions; and clear communication is at the core of every successful business.
Coupled with the current labor shortage and changing demographics of the workforce, businesses will be wise to begin to look at the experience within their walls and think innovatively about how to leverage it.
Dots, Inc. connects the dots between your people and the information they need to be productive:
- Succession Planning and Knowledge Transfer: We work with business leaders to rethink succession planning to meet the needs of today’s constantly changing business environment and workforce, and plan for innovative ways to leverage an experienced workforce preparing for retirement, and infuse that into the rest of the organization
- Organizational Restructure and Development: We provide consulting on effective communication, process and collaborative behaviors
- Organizational Transformation: We work with you to design high-performance, co-generational teams that align on structure, roles, responsibilities, leadership, and decision-making
- Building a Sustainable Model: We work with teams to empower them to bring forth ideas, create and invest in the solutions and build realistic, repeatable structures to support the business
- Navigate Change: We teach change and adaptability and assist in assessing the organizational readiness and plan accordingly
Out Of The Office
We work all of our lives waiting for retirement. We plan and save and dream about it. To pursue your dreams is a wonderful thing. But how much time have you actually dedicated to thinking through what that transition will feel like and the plan to get there? And, are you really ready to retire, or do you still have more to give, but perhaps in another way?
There are key components to life after work and it's important to think them through, to make sure you and your family are clear about what those first few steps will look and feel like and to think through potential unexpected events.
For a business, it is important to know how long your employees intend to stay in the workforce, and how best to leverage their skills and knowledge, often in innovative ways past traditional retirement age.
Most people who are getting ready to retire just spent their adult life defining who they are and their purpose through their work. As important as knowing what you will do next, is identifying the things that will change and prepare for those changes.
Retirement Transition Coaching is more than helping people decide what they will do with their time. It is about understanding and exploring how your role will change, and how your relationships, routines, assumptions, and purpose will all transition. Making changes requires dealing with many transitions all at the same time.
Whether it is phased retirement or traditional retirement, is a new, untried experience. Just like we plan for starting a family, embarking on a new career, or buying a new house or moving, a purposeful life in retirement takes planning, and can often touch on all of the areas listed above, sometimes all at the same time.
Dots, Inc. connects the dots you need to consider all the critical components of this next phase and supports during that change.
We work with businesses to conduct workshops and 1/2-day retreats for their employees, and significant others, to prepare them to define the transition from their current full-time career into the next stage. This helps both the employee and the business, plan for the most effective transition.
The Space In Between
There is life beyond work, and then sometimes life gets intertwined with our work. Caring for an aging parent falls into this category. It is unpredictable, hard, considered a private matter, time-consuming, and 6 in every 10 working people are involved in caregiving in some capacity. It has an effect on both the individual and on the business.
US businesses lose $34B each year in lost productivity due to caregiving alone. It is a phenomenon that won't be going away anytime soon.
Dots Inc. provides workshops for both the employees engaged in caregiving and also for business leaders to understand the reality of the situation and the little things they can do that make a big difference in the quality of their employees' lives and their bottom line.